2021 Ladies League
Information on 2021 Ladies League at Victoria Park Valley will be posted in March 2021. Please check back!
These are the 2020 Season Details – Please note, these will change for 2021.
- You must pre-book a round for league play. No walk-ons will be permitted.
- Each week will run from Monday to Sunday (Week 1 is Monday June 15th to Sunday June 21st, Week 2 is Monday June 22nd to Sunday June 28th, and so on.)
- Important: In spreading the opportunity to play your League round to any day of the week, you MUST pick a day (or choose it when you arrive at the golf course) and indicate to the Greeter and your playing partners the you are playing your League round. If you play more than once a week, you cannot wait until the end of the week and then submit a score of your choosing. “You’re on your honour” – this is the best way to keep it fair.
- You will still receive your Registration Gift, to be handed out around June 30th.
- We will maintain the team format where each participant will be placed one of 12 to 16 teams (based on registration numbers).
- Each league member will be awarded a participation point (max of 1 point per week) for their league round.
- Prizes will be awarded based on participation along with a competitive format each week which will be communicated in the weekly league email.
- Specialty Events (2 person Scramble etc.) will be announced on a later date.
- The Par Book will be completed by the Pro Shop staff with cards that are submitted.
- As a result of this new League format, there will not be 50/50 draws, Birdie Tree, etc.
- There will be a drop box at the Greeter Table to drop your scorecard in after your round. Please be sure to print your first and last names clearly to be marked in for your league round for the week.
- Depending on the easing of COVID-19 restrictions by the Province, the status of the Year-End Banquet has yet to be determined.
Thanks everyone for your patience and cooperation, and for participating in our League. We will all do our best to make it a success!
Each Wednesday, one ‘9’ will open at 2:30 pm and run exclusively to 6:00 pm for our ladies league. You are welcome to book a tee off time for your group if you wish to play a different nine. Starting before or after the reserved times or playing a different nine will require a booked tee-time. If you wish to play 18 holes, please book a tee-time as well. If you play 18 holes, you must use your first 9 for Ladies League scoring. You cannot record pars, birdies or score from your second 9. Tee- times can be booked up to one week in advance by calling the Golf Shop at 519-821-1441. If your group consists of only 2 or 3 golfers, our starter will help you find a foursome. You will meet more of the ladies and this will also help with pace of play.
Two-somes will be discouraged.
Rules of Play
We encourage golfers to use the Golf Canada rules of etiquette and play; recognizing that beginning golfers may wish to consider the rules as guidelines and experienced golfers should adhere to the golf rules more exactly. Rules of etiquette and dress code will be expected of all golfers regardless of experience. If you are a new golfer (or having a bad round), it is OK to pick up your ball after enough shots (usually around double par). You can then putt or just go to the next hole. Enjoyment of the game and steady improvement are important goals as you play golf.
Victoria Park Valley is providing reasonably priced, delicious dinners, which will be served every Wednesday following or preceding your golf game. Sometimes, inclement weather may cause us to cancel the planned dinner (if too many golfers choose not to play). In that case, there will always be a grill special available for those ladies who brave the elements! Dinners will vary, and will be priced accordingly.
50/50 and theme day draws will be made at 8:00 pm.