The Ontario Government has recently announced amendments to Ontario Regulation 364/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 3. Specifically, as it relates to all food establishments, beginning August 7, 2020, under Schedule 2, section 1.(1)5 of the amended order, owners/operators of food establishments will be required to have a record the name and contact information of every patron who enters an indoor or outdoor dining area in the establishment, other than patrons who temporarily enter the area to place, pick up or pay for a takeout order. This includes Patios.
What does this mean? If you wish to sit and have food or a beverage on our patios, or inside when open, then your name and contact information (in this case, a phone number) must be recorded. We will have a binder available for you to enter this information. As stated, this does not apply if you are buying something to “grab & go” to have on the course.
We understand that this can be a hassle, but the regulation is similar to the face covering policy: we must all follow it, and we appreciate you cooperation.
Just a reminder: in the event that you are inside the clubhouse during an inclement weather event, you must wear a face covering, unless you are SEATED and eating or drinking. If you get up and walk around, you must wear a face covering, even if you are holding a beverage.
**Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health has issued an order under Section 22 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act: “A face covering is required for any customer, patron, employee or visitor when entering and while on the premises of any commercial establishment in the WDG region, effective 12:01 a.m. on June 12, 2020 and will be in effect until rescinded.”
If you call-in to book a tee time, you must have a face covering if you wish to pay in the Pro Shop; also, if you are going to enter the building to use the washroom or order food and beverages.
You can book and pay for your tee time online, or when you call you can pay over the phone.
We will also have a portable payment unit available for you to pay for food and beverages on the patio (you are not required to wear a mask on the patio).
This rule applies to ANY commercial building in our region that you may wish to enter.** Thank you for your cooperation.
Victoria Park “Covid Fact Sheet” for Golfers
- Public Players will be highly encouraged to book and pay online, you can do that HERE
- Members can book their own times.
Arriving at the Golf Course
- When you enter our driveway: before you park at the East Course, signage will direct you to the Bag Drop Area beside the Pro Shop. At the Valley Course, proceed up the driveway as you normally would. You will be required to check in with a Greeter when you drive in, or before you leave your vehicle.
- Plan to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your tee time, unless you wish to use the driving range or practice green (spaces will be limited)
- At your tee time, you will be directed to the first tee by the Greeter, a Marshall, or announced through the PA system from the Pro Shop.
- Physical Distancing will be expected from all players and staff.
- The Pro Shop will be open to accept greens fee payment and sell golf balls, tees and gloves, merchandise, and gift cards, with Physical Distancing markers in place.
- There will be separate Entrance and Exit doors, clearly marked.
- As much as possible, doors will be propped open to avoid touching handles.
- Washrooms will be available, with Physical Distancing markers and signage.
- Clubhouse service: a “grab & go” food menu and beverages will be available. Patio is now open for seating and service, with physical distancing measures.
- At this time, due to Covid restrictions, the Lounge (Snack Bar) is only available for seating or gathering during inclement weather or special circumstances.
- To minimize touch-points, there will be no ball washers, bunker rakes, or benches. The flagstick must remain in place. There will be a “filler” in the hole, deep enough to allow the ball to drop, but high enough to get the ball out without using your hands.
- Carts: Approved vinyl COVID barriers are now installed on carts between driver and passenger. Two people can now safely share a cart. Staff will disinfect carts immediately after use.
- Scorecards will be available with the Greeter, or you may download and print your own cards from our website: CLICK HERE FOR THE EAST COURSE CARD or CLICK HERE FOR THE VALLEY COURSE CARD.
Driving Range – open to the public on May 28
- The driving ranges will operate on a “first come-first served” basis. Hours of operation during Covid restrictions: 12:00 – 8:00 at both courses.
- Check in with the Greeter when you arrive, do not go directly to the range.
- The token machine will be off. There will be an attendant at the range to take payment (or mark down your usage if you have a Range Package), and dump the amount of balls behind you, as there will not be any buckets. If you have tokens from last season, you may turn them in for range use. Physical Distancing may reduce the number of hitting bays. Range balls will be cleaned after being picked, and staff will observe Covid protocols.
- The locker rooms and club storage are not available at this time.
- You will not have to enter the Pro Shop to check in.
- Online Booking will be available. Our new system will have a separate Members Booking Portal, and you will be able to see other members bookings.
- Further announcements will be made regarding events and competitions.